CHEXS PROFESSIONAL COURSES
Safeguarding Mop-up Training
- Gain understanding of what is meant by safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare
- Enable school staff to recognise and respond appropriately to concerns about a child
- Raise awareness of the role of the Designated Senior Person (DSP)
- Consider safe working practice for school staff
Child Exploitation & Online Protection (CEOP)
Staff who deliver ICT lessons and who need access to resources with regards to internet safety and its implications.
- Introduction to CEOP
- To equip delegates with the appropriate knowledge, enabling them to deliver sessions
- Staying up to date with technologies
- Risks posed to young people online
- Education response for different age groups
- Accessing the Resources
Workshop for Raising Awareness of Prevent (WRAP)
All staff and adults working with children in the school community.
- WRAP is the Home Office’s official training package on anti- radicalisation. Ofsted will expect all schools to have accessed WRAP training or have a plan to do so. The minimum legal requirement is that all schools should have at least one member of staff who has attended the official WRAP training. (DfE ‘Prevent’ Guidance June 2015) HCC recommend that schools ensure that two members of staff and two governors:
- Receive the required Home Office WRAP training, to raise awareness of PREVENT and to clarify the school’s responsibilities for anti-radicalisation
- Receive certification of their attendance to assist discussions with Ofsted
Paediatric First Aid
All staff / Parents / Carers / Community members and adults working in a professional capacity
- To gain a First Aid Certificate that meets Ofsted requirements if you work or care for babies and young children.
- You must attend all sessions to gain your qualification